An outspoken advocate for the environment and social issues and a well-known figure in the green business community. Pete truly walks the walk, including owning a solar-powered house and driving a Chevy Bolt electric car.
After several years at Merrill Lynch, Pete founded Earth Equity Advisors (formerly Krull & Company) in 2004 with the intention of helping clients align their investments with their values.
Over that time, he has been quoted in the Washington Post, US News & World Report and several local publications. He has written a column for Valley Business FRONT in Virginia and Mountain Xpress in Asheville as well as being featured in numerous magazines, online articles and podcasts. He was selected as a 40-under-40 business leader by the Savannah Business Report & Journal in 2009.
He was selected to the 2018 Investopedia 100 list of the one hundred most influential financial advisors in America.
He has served his communities in a number of different roles over the years:
- Chair of the board at MountainTrue, the premiere environmental non-profits in Western North Carolina
- Advisory Board of EarthShare Georgia
- Advisory Board of TEDx Asheville
- Board member at The Center for a Sustainable Coast
- Board Member at Hospice of the Golden Isles
- Board Member of Science Museum of Southwest Virginia
A native of Western New York, he lives in Asheville, NC with his wife, Dr. Melissa Booth, a microbiologist and author and two very spoiled cats, Savannah and Buster.